JetBlue Airlines has a well-defined baggage policy for travellers.
The JetBlue baggage policy comprises the following factors like the Carry-on baggage policy, checked baggage allowance. People can carry one personal item or carry-on item free of charge.
For overweight and oversize bags, fees are applicable per bag depending on the size and weight of the baggage. For sports equipment, JetBlue takes charge fees for some items.
The airlines charge a fee on the checked baggage if they are not included in the selected fare. Moreover, Blue Basic, Blue, and Blue plus do not cover the cost of checked bags.
JetBlue Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
The checked bag size dimension should be 62 inches or 157cm, and the weight dimension should be 23 kilograms or 50 pounds.
JetBlue checked Baggage Policy allows passengers to add up to two bags in advance from the booking till they arrive at the airport.Also, if your fare does not include the cost of checked bags, you can save money by buying them from the JetBlue app or jetblue.com in advance.
The fees for the extra bags increases with the number checked. Blue plus fare includes only one bag, and Blue flex fares include two bags.
JetBlue Airlines Carry-On Baggage Allowance
The standard size of each baggage should be: 22 x 14 x 9 inches (55.88 x 35.56 x 22.86 cm), and the size of personal size baggage should be: 17 x 13 x 8 inches (43.2 cm x 33 x (20.32 cm).
The JetBlue carry-on policy does not have a weight restriction on carry-on items but states that the weight of the carry-on items should not be excessive.
- Carry-On Policy for people with a lap infant:
- One diaper bag is allowed for the traveler with a lap infant.
Stroller Check Policy:
JetBlue offers a courtesy gate check of child carriers, booster seats, strollers. Also, the Jetblue check-in desk checks these items free of cost.
JetBlue Airlines hold-luggage policy
The maximum weight of all the hold luggage has to be 50 pounds (23 kg). Mint class customers can have a maximum weight of 70 pounds or 31 kg.
The maximum linear dimensions per bag should be 62 linear inches (158 cm). JetBlue charges USD 150.00 extra for luggage bags that vary from 63 to 80 linear inches or 158 to 203 centimeters. Bags larger than 80 linear inches or 158 centimeters will not be allowed as checked baggage or hold luggage. The fees for the baggage will increase with the number of bags checked in.
Jetblue Airlines Baggage Fees:
The baggage fees are determined; through the fare you purchased and your destination. Here is the list of JetBlue baggage fees for members and travellers:
- Blue- The charge for Ist bag- $35, for the 2nd bag- $45, and 3rd bag- $150
- Blue Plus-The charge for the Ist bag- Free, for the 2nd bag-$45, and the 3rd bag- $ 150
- Blue Basic- The fees for the Ist bag- $35, for the 2nd bag- $45, and for the 3rd bag- $150
- JetBlue Plus Card Member- The cost applicable for the Ist bag- Free, for the 2nd bag- $45, for 3rd bag- $150
- Mint- Charge for Ist bag- free, for 2nd bag- Free, and 3rd bag- $150
- Mosaic- Cost for Ist bag- Free, for 2nd bag- Free and for 3rd bag- $150
- Blue Extra- The amount charged by Delta for the Ist bag- $35, for the 2nd bag- $45, and for the 3rd bag- $150.
JetBlue Airline Late Check-in Policy
Travelers have to check in within the given check-in time. Otherwise, JetBlue Airlines is not responsible for any fees incurred for bags checked in after the expected timeframe, nor will we be liable for compensation or delivery for late checked bags. No baggage will beallowed more than six hours before the scheduled departure time of the flights.
- For US domestic flights, people must check-in their baggage 40 minutes before departure.
- For international flights, the bags must be checked in before 60 minutes of departure.